Lake Los Angeles Park Association
Lake Los Angeles Park Association (LLAPA)
To represent the community
of Lake Los Angeles
in its park and recreational needs.
and to support
To build for the future,
parks that will serve our community,
bringing together all people.
Sorensen Community Regional Park
16801 East Avenue P, Lake Los Angeles, CA 93591
Please NOTE: Every effort is made by the LLAPA Board of Directors to keep the calendar up to date with the following events :
- Programs that are held by LA County Department of Parks and Recreation at Sorensen Community Regional Park. Please call the Recreational Leader at the park for additional details at (661) 264-1249
- General Meetings of the LLAPA and LLAPA Business Meetings
The Splash Pad is currently OPEN. Hours are 10am to 6pm daily.
Please be courteous and follow the posted rules. Please be careful with what you bring to the Splash Pad as many items can get lodged in the pipes and as this is a recycling water system, clogged pipes will stop the Splash Pad from running.
FYI: The Gymnasium is closed on Sundays. Saturday the hours are 10 am -4 pm. We will try to update these hours as they change.
Call the park at 661-264-1249 and talk to a recreational leader for additional program information.
2019 Annual Trunk or Treat and Fall Festival
More information coming SOON!
Interested Trunkers - we will be posting all the information you need to register soon! You can call the Park Rec Staff at 662-264-1249 if you want to leave your information with them to indicate your interest in participating as a Trunker.
for Park Programs
No Tickets are Required
Teen Programs at the Park
How you can
Sorensen Community Regional Park is your park, Lake Los Angeles!
You helped to build it and you help to keep it running beautifully!
Need to know about community park events or activities?
We recommend calling the community park at (661) 264-1249 before you go.
Our page was created and is maintained by the Board of Directors of the Lake Los Angeles Park Association (LLAPA). We are NOT LA County Parks and Recreation - the park staff are.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
- -Attend Park events. See Events and Activities for more details.
- -Respect the park and those attending park events - clean up after yourself, be kind to others
- -If you live in the LLAD 2 z45 area - consider a position on the Board of Directors . Each of the seven directors on our board serves a two-year term , and our two alternates serve a one-year term. The elections are held during the November Board Meeting. Applications for the current election are available, see Election Committee
- Attend Monthly Park General Meetings, second Tuesday of the month at 7 pm in the Community Room at the Park, ALL meetings are open to EVERYONE, you do not need to live in LLA to help build a better park!
- Attend Monthly Park Business Meetings - held on the Saturday 2 weeks before the monthly park meeting, at 1 pm in the Computer Room at the Park
- Volunteer for Friends of the Park - you do NOT have to live in the LLA community, EVERYONE is welcome to volunteer!
- Consider a donation to the LLAPA - ALL funds collected by LLAPA via donation, grants, and fundraising go BACK into the community of Lake Los Angeles to help support the programs and activities at the Park as well as to support additional recreational opportunities in Lake Los Angeles. LLAPA is a recognized 501(c)(3) charity, Currently the LLAPA is accepting donations via our FaceBook page.
- Do you shop online with Amazon? You can help to support the programs, events and activities at the Park by using our Amazon Smile link below.
Do you shop online?
You can now support LLAPA
Lake Los Angeles Park Association is now a part of the Amazon Smile Program.
When you choose us as your charitable organization 0 .5% of every purchase you make with Amazon goes to us as a donation.
All donations help support the activities, programs and events at the Park in Lake Los Angeles.
Thank You so much for helping us bring more recreational opportunities to our local Lake Los Angeles Community.