Funding for recreation in Lake Los Angeles, as well as funding for the Sorensen Community Regional Park, located in Lake Los Angeles, which is part of Los Angeles County Department of Parks and Recreation comes from many sources, and the two sources that directly impact recreation in Lake Los Angeles that are paid for via property tax assessments are :
- Measure A - a countywide initiative that was passed in 2016 by a strong majority of voters to benefit recreation and parks throughout Los Angeles County.
- Lighting and Landscape Act District 2 zone 45. (LLA D 2 z 45) - a local initiative voted for and passed by residents within the assessment boundary located in the community of Lake Los Angeles.
How does funding for Parks appear on my Los Angeles County Property Tax Bill?
Property Tax Bill Direct Assessments Detail for a property located in Lake Loas Angeles and that is also within the boundaries of the Lighting and Landscape Act District 2 Zone 45.
The assessments for Parks are listed on this bill are:
Measure A: ALL properties in Los Angeles County are assessed for this and the line item is listed on this bill as RPOSD Measure A . Click here for information about Measure A
LLAD 2 z45 - Only properties in the assessment area boundaries of the Lighting and Landscape Act District 2 Zone 45. are assessed for this and the line item is listed on this bill as LLAD#2 ZN45 LAKL Click here for information about LLA D 2 z 45
Proposition A - this assessment is listed on the property tax bill as County Park Dist , this assessment will sunset in June of 2019, and has been replaced by Measure A.
Funding Sources for Events and Activities at the Park
One of the missions of the Lake Los Angeles Park Association is to support the events and activities at the Park.
- Lake Los Angeles Park Association does fundraising throughout the year to support the events and activities at the Park. For more information see Friends of the Park (FoP)
- Lake Los Angeles Park Association is also actively seeking and applying for Grants to further it's mission and to expand the events and activities at the Park. For more information see Grants
- Lake Los Angeles Park Association also accepts financial donations to support it's mission. Financial donations can currently be made on our Facebook Page or in person at any of our meetings or events.