Lake LA Park
Lake Los Angeles Park Association
To build for the future,
parks that will serve our community,
bringing together all people.
To represent the community of Lake Los Angeles in its park and recreational needs.
The Los Angeles County
Deputy Stephen Sorensen Park
16801 East Avenue P, Lake Los Angeles, CA 93591
CLOSED for the Season - Reason: Freezin!
he Splash Pad is closed for the winter.
Parks After Dark Winter 2018
December 20th to January 5th
- Thursdays and Fridays 4pm to 8pm
- Saturdays 2pm to 6pm
Call the park and talk to a recreational leader for additional program information at 661-264-1249.
The Splash Pad is closed for the Winter Season.
We look forward to the opening of the Splash Pad in 2019 when the weather is warmer!
LLAPA FaceBook Page
Los Angeles County Deputy Sorensen Park is your park, Lake Los Angeles! You helped to build it and you help to keep it running beautifully!
Need to know about community park events or activities?
We recommend calling the community park at (661) 264-1249 before you go.
Our page was created and is maintained by the Board of Directors of the Lake Los Angeles Park Association (LLAPA). We are NOT LA County Parks and Recreation - the park staff are.
Park Events Calendar
Please NOTE: Every effort is made by the LLAPA Board of Directors to keep the calendar up to date with the following events :
- Programs that are held by LA County Department of Parks and Recreation at the Community Park. Please call the Recreational Leader at the park for additional details at (661) 264-1249
- Meetings of the LLAPA and LLAPA Planning Meetings
- Meetings and Events at the LLA Community Park that are of general public interest
Click the link below for additional information:
Message from Regina Bradley regarding Sorensen Park in Lake Los Angeles;
"**THIS JUST IN** every patron that signs up to receive notification about PAD through remind will be entered into a raffle to receive a 4-Pack of Disneyland tickets! Sign up for REMIND Stephen Sorensen Park."
Stay connected! Sign up to receive messages and reminders about the Parks after Dark program. Text @padssor to 81010
Map, Directions and
Local Weather in Lake Los Angeles
When are LLAPA Board Meetings?
The LLAPA Board regularly meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. in the Community Room of the Lake Los Angeles Community Gymnasium in Sorensen Park. A business meeting to discuss agendas, planning, and any necessary discussions is held the Saturday that occurs 2 weeks before the regular meeting at 1:00 PM.Business meetings are held in the Computer Room of the Lake Los Angeles Community Gymnasium in Sorensen Park.
In July and December the Tuesday evening monthly meeting is shortened for a a pot luck gathering of the board, local leaders, partners, and volunteers. We renew our belief that the community is the reason we work to build recreational centers.
The November meeting is the election for board members. In the December meeting the board positions are chosen. The January meeting is the swearing in and seating of the new board.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
WITH THE LLAPA
- -Attend Park events. See Events and Activities for more details.
- -Respect the park and those attending park events - clean up after yourself, be kind to others
- -If you live in the LLAD 2 z45 area - consider a position on the Board of Directors . Each of the seven directors on our board serves a two-year term , and our two alternates serve a one-year term. The elections are held during the November Board Meeting
- Attend Monthly Park Board Meetings, second Tuesday of the month at 7 pm in the Community Room at the Park, ALL meetings are open to EVERYONE, you do not need to live in LLA to help build a better park!
- Attend Monthly Park Business Meetings - held on the Saturday 2 weeks before the monthly park meeting, at 1 pm in the Computer Room at the Park
- Volunteer for Friends of the Park - you do NOT have to live in the LLA community, EVERYONE is welcome to volunteer!
- Consider a donation to the LLAPA - ALL funds collected by LLAPA via donation, grants, and fundraising go BACK into the community of Lake Los Angeles to help support the programs and activities at the Park as well as to support additional recreational opportunities in Lake Los Angeles. LLAPA is a recognized 501(c)(3) charity, Currently the LLAPA is accepting donations via our FaceBook page.