Lake Los Angeles Park Association
Lake Los Angeles Park Association (LLAPA)
To represent the community of Lake Los Angeles
in its park and recreational needs.
and to support
The Los Angeles County
Deputy Stephen Sorensen Park
To build for the future,
parks that will serve our community,
bringing together all people.
The Los Angeles County
Deputy Stephen Sorensen Park
16801 East Avenue P, Lake Los Angeles, CA 93591
Note that the Community Gymnasium will be closed for the month of April 2019.
The Community Room and the Computer Room will still be open for the activities and programs that are scheduled for April 2019.
FYI: The Gymnasium is closed on Sundays. Saturday the hours are 10 am -4 pm. We will try to update these hours as they change.
Call the park at 661-264-1249 and talk to a recreational leader for additional program information.
The Splash Pad is closed for the Winter Season. We hope that the weather will be warm enough in May to open the Splash Pad
Los Angeles County Deputy Sorensen Park is your park, Lake Los Angeles!
You helped to build it and you help to keep it running beautifully!
Need to know about community park events or activities?
We recommend calling the community park at (661) 264-1249 before you go.
Our page was created and is maintained by the Board of Directors of the Lake Los Angeles Park Association (LLAPA). We are NOT LA County Parks and Recreation - the park staff are.
Here comes another summer of family fun and entertainment in Lake Los Angeles. All this summer fun will be right here at home and F.R.E.E ALL PAD ACTIVITIES ARE FREE.
Mark your calendars! Thursday June 13, come to the Park and enjoy a fun night of music, fun zone, movie, food, balloon twisting and much more. Something for everyone!! On Thursday June 13, tickets to register for PAD activities will be given out at 5:00pm
Stay connected: Text @padssor to the number 81010 to receive updates and messages.
Please NOTE: Every effort is made by the LLAPA Board of Directors to keep the calendar up to date with the following events :
- Programs that are held by LA County Department of Parks and Recreation at the Community Park. Please call the Recreational Leader at the park for additional details at (661) 264-1249
- General Meetings of the LLAPA and LLAPA Business Meetings
When are LLAPA Board Meetings?
The LLAPA Board regularly meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. in the Community Room of the Lake Los Angeles Community Gymnasium in Sorensen Park. A business meeting to discuss agendas, planning, and any necessary discussions is held the Saturday that occurs 2 weeks before the regular meeting at 1:00 PM.Business meetings are held in the Computer Room of the Lake Los Angeles Community Gymnasium in Sorensen Park.
In July and December the Tuesday evening monthly meeting is shortened for a a pot luck gathering of the board, local leaders, partners, and volunteers. We renew our belief that the community is the reason we work to build recreational centers.
The November meeting is the election for board members. In the December meeting the board positions are chosen. The January meeting is the swearing in and seating of the new board.
2019 LLAPA General Meetings Schedule, 7pm in the Community Room at the Park:
May 14, June 11, July 9, August 13, September 10, October 8 , Nov ember 12 and December 10.
2019 LLAPA Business Meetings Schedule, 1pm in the Computer Lab at the Park:
April 27, May 4, June 1, June 29, August 3, August 31, September 28, November 2, and November 30
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
WITH THE LLAPA
- -Attend Park events. See Events and Activities for more details.
- -Respect the park and those attending park events - clean up after yourself, be kind to others
- -If you live in the LLAD 2 z45 area - consider a position on the Board of Directors . Each of the seven directors on our board serves a two-year term , and our two alternates serve a one-year term. The elections are held during the November Board Meeting
- Attend Monthly Park General Meetings, second Tuesday of the month at 7 pm in the Community Room at the Park, ALL meetings are open to EVERYONE, you do not need to live in LLA to help build a better park!
- Attend Monthly Park Business Meetings - held on the Saturday 2 weeks before the monthly park meeting, at 1 pm in the Computer Room at the Park
- Volunteer for Friends of the Park - you do NOT have to live in the LLA community, EVERYONE is welcome to volunteer!
- Consider a donation to the LLAPA - ALL funds collected by LLAPA via donation, grants, and fundraising go BACK into the community of Lake Los Angeles to help support the programs and activities at the Park as well as to support additional recreational opportunities in Lake Los Angeles. LLAPA is a recognized 501(c)(3) charity, Currently the LLAPA is accepting donations via our FaceBook page.
- Do you shop online with Amazon? You can help to support the programs, events and activities at the Park by using our Amazon Smile link below.
Do you shop online?
You can now support LLAPA
Lake Los Angeles Park Association is now a part of the Amazon Smile Program.
When you choose us as your charitable organization 0 .5% of every purchase you make with Amazon goes to us as a donation.
All donations help support the activities, programs and events at the Park in Lake Los Angeles.
Thank You so much for helping us bring more recreational opportunities to our local Lake Los Angeles Community.