Upcoming 2019 Election of Board of Directors
By Donyale Fowler
Lake Los Angeles Park Association will be holding its Annual Election for the Board of Directors on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
For thee 2019 Annual Elections there are four Director positions that will be filled and two alternate positions. Directors serve for a term of two years and alternates serve a term of 1 year. he LLAPA is now accepting nominations for the Board of Directors. There are four director positions and two alternate positions to be filled. You may nominate yourself or someone else.
If you are interested in volunteering for a position on the Board of Directors, or if you wish to nominate a candidate, the candidate must meet either of these two requirements:
1. The candidate must own or be purchasing property within the Landscape Lighting District #2 Zone 45, within the boundary of Lake Los Angeles, prior to being sworn in as a Director at the January meeting.
2. The candidate, if renting, must have a letter from the owner authorizing the tenant permission to act in the owner’s behalf.
To submit an application, you can:
- Fill in the electronic form presented on the LLAPA website at https://www.lakelapark.org/board-of--directors/committees/election-committee
- Print a copy of the application and submit it at any LLAPA meeting prior to the Election
- Print a copy of the applications and hand it to any current LLAPA Board Member
- Print a copy and mail to: LLAPA, c/o Post Office Box 500088, Lake Los Angeles CA 93591.
- Contact LLAPA for additional methods of submitting an application
LLAPA encourages any potential applicant to read the current ByLaws of the LLAPA as well as the proposed changes to the ByLaws found at https://www.lakelapark.org/board-of-directors/committees/by-laws-revision-committee
All interested applicants are also encouraged to attend LLAPA meeting including the the Election on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 7pm in the Community Room at the Park. Potential applicants will be asked to make a short presentation on the date of the election to speak about the reasons that the candidate wishes to become a Director of the LLAPA. If the applicant is unable to attend the Election Meeting, please submit a statement to be read at the meeting on your behalf.